McKay’s Curry Coconut Chicken Sausage
- (14-ounce package) chicken smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 large green pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspon WillYum Spice Pepper’s Essence
- 2 teaspoons WillYum Spice McKay’s curry
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- Cooked white or brown rice
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Chopped peanuts, optional
Spray a large, preferrably non-stick skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Add the sausage, bell peppers, and garlic. Cook and stir on medium-high heat for 8 minutes, or until the peppers are crisp but tender and the sausage is heated through.
Add the WillYum Spice McKay’s Curry and WillYum Spice Pepper’s Essence and continue to cook until it is fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the coconut milk to the mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
Stir in the pineapple and heat through.
Serve over rice, and sprinkle with cilantro or peanuts.
Check out the recipe that inspired us at http://www.cookingchanneltv.
com/recipes/coconut-curry- chicken-smoked-sausage- skillet-2010328!