We saw this recipe in The Journal News and it was a hit in our house with a little WillYUM Spice. It is important to have some go to meals for nights when dinner needs to be quick and easy. Grab our Red Pepper Flakes, Pepper's Essence, and Jalapeno Seasoning Salt for this recipe below!
Say YES to YUM! Enjoy!
Penne With Garlic Tomatoes, Lemon Zest, and Spinach
Time: 20 minutes
- 12 ounces whole-grain penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon WillYUM Spice Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, washed and well dried
- 6 ounces chopped frozen spinach, thawed, excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme or WillYUM Spice Savory Garlic & Herb
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- WillYUM Spice Jalapeno Seasoning Salt & Pepper's Essence
- Lemons for squeezing (roptional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving about 3/4 cup of starchy pasta water before draining.
- While pasta is cooking, place the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a small bowl, and mix with a spoon, gently pressing the garlic into the oil. Place the garlic oil in an unheated deep saute pan, and turn the burner to medium heat.
- As the oil heats, it will become fragrant. As soon as the oil is warm and smells of garlic, add the tomatoes, and cook until they are coated with garlic oil and they barely begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to medium high, and add the cooked pasta and half of the starchy water. Stir, and let simmer for 1 minute. Add extra water if needed.Add the thyme, lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with lemons for squeezing (optional, but we love extra lemons)!
Source: The Journal News. Melissa D'Arabian.